Gun Lake Tribe's Health & Human Services Department offers a wide variety of wellness programs, services and activities to keep Tribal Citizens, Staff and local community members feeling their best. Wellness is about so much more than just eating right and exercising, it's about feeling great - mind, body and spirit.
An important aspect of feeling our best is good nutrition that come from moderation, balance and variety. Click here for some tips and guidelines for creating healthy habits.
A one-hour energy therapy session with a registered nurse who is certified in the Healing in America method of energy therapy. This natural, noninvasive method of energy therapy helps to activate the body’s own natural healing abilities in order to help the healing process. It works together with medical treatment and has been practiced in England for more than 60 years, where it is regularly ordered by physicians for their patients.
Benefits of energy therapy include the following:
- Stress reduction
- Reduced anxiety
- Faster recovery from surgery, illness or injury
- Pain reduction
- Enhanced immunity
- Aids in the healing of chronic conditions
Many people who have experienced Energy Therapy report the following changes:
- They sleep better
- They feel more positive, relaxed and peaceful
- They feel less anxious
- Their symptoms improve
- They feel like they have more energy
- Their pain has decreased or disappeared altogether
- They have more vivid dreams
Ages Served by the Energy Therapy Program:
Adults and Elders 18 years and older are able to take advantage of our Energy Therapy.
The Wellness center is a program that enables participants to increase their overall wellbeing with the use of exercise equipment and group wellness activities such as weekly Yoga classes.
The equipment in the wellness center includes the following:
- Two treadmills
- One elliptical
- One recumbent elliptical
- One stationary bike
- One recumbent bike
- Two weight training machines
- One Wii with various active games
- Multiple exercise DVDs
- Various other miscellaneous exercise products and equipment
Ages Served by the Program:
Those age 5 years and older in the Tribal Community are allowed to utilize the Wellness Center and its programs.
- Must be an MBPI community member who has completed an Introduction Letter, Registration Rorm and Informed Consent/Release of Liability. For all forms, please visit the Health & Human Services offices on the Government Campus during normal business hours.
- Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a registered adult at all times.