Language & Culture Committees
Cultural Advisory Committee
The Cultural Advisory Committee meets monthly to advise the Language & Culture Department on the goals and activities of the Gun Lake Tribe in accordance with the Gun Lake Tribe's Mission Statement - We, the members of the Match-E-Be-Nash-She-Wish Band of Pottawatomi Indians of Michigan, will maintain our elders’ vision, integrity, spirituality, culture, and economic self-sufficiency by protecting our sovereignty, treaty rights, traditions, land and natural resources for our future generations.
- Vacant Seat, Term Expiration - April 2021 (awaiting appointment approvals)
- Alison Overbeck, Term Expiration - June 2025
- Jennifer Palmer, Term Expiration - April 2025
- Mary Bush, Term Expiration - April 2023 (Youth Representative)
- Jodie Palmer, Term Expiration - April 2023 (Elder Representative)
The Pow Wow committee meets monthly at the minimum and more frequently as the Round Dance and Pow Wow get closer. This committee assists with the planning, organization and facilitation of the Annual Round Dance and Pow Wow - two of the largest annual events hosted by the Gun Lake Tribe.
- Junsun Bush
- Cassandra Bush
- Amy Austin
- Jeff Martin
- Jennifer Palmer
- Mary Bush
- Natalie Pond (Ex Officio)